What I Love About Drake-December



Favorite Quote: " Jack, I can't breathe boy!" You say this every time your dog starts licking you and you act like you have no place to go and that you cannot move. It's really cute.
 
What has impressed me most about you this month:Your attitude. It has been improving alot lately and I am so thankful that you are learning self control both at school and at home. Your fits are less and less and when they happen they are shorter. You are learning to calm yourself down and use your words-something we have been working on all year! I am happy you have this victory.

Favorite Photo: You and Santa of course. Even though  you know the Santa truth and history of St. Nicholas you still like to pretend and so we play along with you.

Where I hope to see you grow: In your faith. You have expressed an interest several times to me to be baptized and we have talked about it over the year. You are starting meeting with our childdren's pastor to make sure you really understand what you are committing to and the life style that means you should desire to follow. Your baptism is scheduled for March 31st.

Favorite thing we are doing this month:
1. Christmas tree- Part of my favorite thing with Christmas is not the gifts, but the traditions we have as a family. Picking out the tree, doing our Jesse Tree, decorating with crafts you have made, and reading Christmas stories from secular and christian authors all month long. 
2.  Caroling- This was our first year to go caroling with the boy scouts, American Heritage Girls and HEAD. We visited several nursing homes over the course of the month and sang carols for a hour at each place. The elders we sang to were overjoyed that we came and I could see the pride on your face with each person you told Merry Christmas and each hug you got and gave.Its a tradition I hope we keep doing each year.
3.Family Game Night: Something we had recently stopped a few months back due to busy schedules. I am glad we started doing this again at least 2 nights a week.



Comments