What I Love Most About My Princess- February

Month: February

Special Days: You are at the age when you are breaking away from me and don't want to cuddle much, so I love the days when you want to cuddle on the couch or our big comfy chair and watch movies together. They are rare so I hold to them tightly and look forward to the next one. I love that you include me in your life still. You let me know the things you are into and what you have outgrown. You talk to me about boys you like, people who are your friends and those that don't make the cut. I am enjoying watching you become more discerning about who you are friends with. You still like to include me in on your dreams, disappointments and achievements. I hope this never changes between us.


Favorite Stories: I always like hearing about the times you get to spend with your grandparents and other family. Knowing that you are building bonds that will last a lifetime. Sharing stories that will unite you through the hard times and make you laugh in the sad times. Family is the 2nd most important thing in the world, falling right behind your relationship with our Savior. I never get tired of hearing about the games you play with them, how you tease each other, the way you are taller than all the grown women, etc. You light up when you talk about your relationships with other family members and I love that.

Fabulous Photo:

Greatest Quotes: "Bella, (your cat) is so skinny she could be a WWE Diva!"

What has impressed me most about you this month: Watching you take responsibility for your actions and not making so many excuses for bad choices and behavior, but instead simply saying "OK mommy" " Yea, I know I did...., I' ll work harder at it" and things of that nature. Do you always do it, no, but its a big improvement!
Where I hope to see you grow: Always in the Lord, but you have a hard time expressing yourself and venting your frustration in positive ways. You don't like to listen, but are preparing your case to defend yourself instead. You are getting better though I give you that. I wish you would follow:

James 1:19-25 (Listening and Doing)

 19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.  22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

My Absolute 3 Favorite Thing We Did Together This Month: 
1. Doing Girls Day of Beauty with you and the other AWANA TNT girls at church. Loved getting to do your nails and watching you be girly and building friendships with other believers. Warms my heart.
2. Watching you take care of your Daddy when he had knee surgery. Just shows how much of a servants heart you have! You can tell how worried you were about him and how thankful to God that you were that he was OK.
3.Helping you practice for your play: Cleanest Town in Texas. I love running lines with you and just having that time that is ours alone. You love to act and get on stage, but  I can always see how nervous you get. Yet, you show bravery by doing your best and tackling your fears head on and not letting them define you. 


Comments