Dude, You Hear What I Hear?

This year our whole family participated in the church play, " Dude, You Hear What I Hear?" My daughter, played Taylor, the lead character that gets to spread the true meaning of Christmas. I adored her part. She had tons of lines to remember, but at the end she had retained more scripture then she new before she started the play! Always an added bonus. My youngest was in the choir and song his little heart out. You can hear him above all the rest for sure. He walked around very proud as everyone told him how well they could hear him and how well he knew the words to the songs. Did I mention he's tone deft? HEHE I got to play Ms. Kim, the kids camp counselor. I had literally one day to learn all the parts. I was the 6th, yep 6th Ms. Kim. Everyone who was to play this part either backed out or got sick. I think the part was jinked for some reason. My eldest helped out with costume changes and helping locate people who were not in the correct place.

This video is from rehersal. I have not uploaded the one from opening night.

Besides the fact that we got to spread the message of Christmas, we got to do this as a family! It was a great time for us to bond and reflect together on what Christ has done for each of us personally. I have been blessed with 3 beautiful children and a step son that still comes and visits and calls despite the fact that me and his dad have not been together for years! I have 3 out of 4 kids who have already given their life over to Christ and we are all healthy, fed daily, and have a roof over our heads and clothes on our back. We are blessed above and beyond.

This holiday season let us not get wrapped up in gifts, and the "I wants" but let us remeber the true meaning of Christmas, Christ came and died for us..you and me.

Luke 2:10-15 (NIV)
 
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

Comments