Kindergarten-What we have learned this 6 weeks

Kindergarten-What Drizzle Fizzle has have learned:
Word Wall Words:
this
look
us
was
fan
but
it
up
me
yes
she
get
this
went
with
here
an
go
cup
big
he
not
for
has
to
on
my
said
we
in
have
are
is
love
the
and
can
do
am
that
at
you
like
of
I
see
run
sun
fun
pup
yup
stun
bun
pun
shun
red
orange
yellow
green
purple
fig
cut
hike
wet
chin
slam
so
spin
tent












Math Skills:
Sorting, Graphing, weight, capacity, numbers, sets, missing numbers in counting sequence, time, duration, fractions, equal parts, addition word problems, ordinal numbers, addition
·         Counting and writing numbers 1-10, counting objects and adding them together and writing numbers, cutting and gluing numbers in order etc.
Comprehension:
Inferring, Making Connections,
Phonological Awareness:
Simple Plurals, Blending, Short  -u Sounds ,
·         We use the Mailbox Teacher Helper worksheets
·         Short –u Sound-hearing the sound in the spoken word and also identifying words with the sound
·         Word families –en, -op, -ug, -ot, -et
Science:
Ladybugs
Social Studies:
Obtaining Goods and Services:
·         People obtain goods through:
1.        self-producing
2.       Trading
3.       purchasing
Writing Practice:
·         Daily Sentences: using word bank words normally. J
1.       This is not my book
2.       Look at this rock!
3.       Are the dishes put up?
4.       She went with us to the store.
5.       Mommy took us to the park.
6.       We went to church.
7.       She gave us cookies.
8.       I rode my bike.
9.       She can blow up the balloon.
10.   I like candy, but only it is sour.
11.   He is up first to bat.
12.   I have two legs, but my dog has four!
13.   Here are my books
14.   We went in the house.
15.   She is not here.
16.   Yogi went under the bed.

Daily Reading:
This is independent reading and group reading. He picks whatever book he likes on his level and we read one each night. If he picks a book out that he does not know all the words to yet, he points out the words he does now and I read the rest to him. He normally will read the same books time and again. This is where my kindle comes in handy!  Here are a few he has read this last six weeks.
·         Bear’s Underwear Mystery
·         How the Dinosaur Got to the Museum
·         Boat Works
·         Fish Finelli-Book 1
·         Bear in Underwear
·         The Book that Zack Wrote
·         Scholastic Weekly Readers: Ireland, Dr. Seuss, etc
Bible/Character Training:
·         Weekly AWANA
·         Daily Journal
·          
 Words that still need work: I, am, at, the, my, for, an, she, it, that, and, in, on, said, has, not, big and,  go.
Overall I am very pleased with my Drizzle. This has been our best 6 weeks to date. He is getting a little neater with his handwriting. His dexterity with cutting is improving. He recognizes more words and is enjoying reading on his own. His coordination  and fine motor skills are vastly improved and he taking great pride in staying in the lines when he colors!

Comments