What I Love About Drake-August 2014

I adore this little daily ritual or habit we have... As soon as I get home you drag me to my bedroom so you can get "first love" and spend the first "at home time" with me. You grab my arm and ask me if I want to hear about your day and off we go as I say Hi to everyone else without stopping. You shut us up in my bedroom and commence to jumping on my bed and telling me about your day.


Scripture Verse...


Favorite Photo...

  Favorite Things We Did... Your cheesy face pretty much says it all. You spent most days at ballgames eating nachos this month. We had tickets for almost every day it felt like. So you lived on ballpark food. You love challenging me to the dot race and singing at the 7th inning stretch. Every time same songs: Take me out to the ballgame, followed by the cotton eye joe.This month we also went to San Marcus for vacation and stayed at Yogi Bear park. We jumped on huge pillows, swam all day, hayrides at night, roasted marshmallows, played games, and rafted the Guadalupe River. You got to get up every morning and night and say the Pledge with Yogi Bear, and dance the hockey pokey with him as well. Needless to say you had a blast.



One of your most irresistible physical features is...
Your wide, loving and adorable smile. Your smile lights up my heart. You hold nothing back from it and it has so many faces. It comes out mischievous, pleasing, joyful, obedient, etc. You just have a great smile.

I missed you when....
I miss you when you get really emotional and check out and start screaming and crying. It makes me feel distant from you and detached. I understand why you do it, but in order for me not to get upset with you and yell I have to distance myself to keep a cool head until I can calm down and then approach you. I really dislike this dance we do and have  been doing for over 2 years now.


5 Words/Phrases that come to mind when I think about you: joyful, artist, playful, goofy, smart. You love to enjoy life to the fullest. You do nothing part way. You are an all in or nothing type of kid. You love to sing, draw, write, make up games etc. Anything to keep you moving and have someone watching you. You just love to be goofy and the clown of the room. But you are smart too. You pick up on things too fast sometimes and enjoy learning even when you are struggling with it. You are great at sports and making friends and praying for people.


Some of our favorite songs we both love...
Amazing Grace- No matter who sings it. It is what I sing to you almost everynight before bed. 
 You are God Alone
Special Occasions...Going to baseball games, just us to. Getting to talk about God, prayer life, and pleasing the Lord. you love to have us pray together at night time and we each take turns as long as you begin and end the prayer.

Comments