What I Love About Drake Jan 2014


Favorite Quote:  "I wanna keep it in my own privacy." This was in response to your dad asking you why you hit him. It took everything inside of my not to laugh and keep a straight face.

Scripture Verse: Ephesians 6: 1-4
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
 
What has impressed me most about you this month: Your persistence to keep at things till you get them done. The rewards are slow coming, but they are there.Your temper, believe it or not, has gotten ALOT better over the course of last year. Your reading has improved dramatically. You are actually listening and not throwing huge temper tantrums anymore, basically you are growing up! You are becoming more polite and well mannered on most occasions,you talk back less, you are more patient and attempt things more often on your own before asking for help or becoming frustrated.I have seen a big leap from last month to this month even.

Favorite Photo: (you in the train)
Where I hope to see you grow:  In obedience. You are a strong willed child and it takes a serious act of congress to get you to listen and obey sometimes. Someday you are eager to do anything that is requested of you with no attitude, other days I feel like I have to whoop you to get you to listen without sticking your tongue out at me or lippin off under your breathe when you think I cannot hear or see you. We have had many discussions about this, you have received a few whooping over this and tasted the soap bar a few times as well for the things that have come out of your mouth. Plus, you are now learning the art of lying which is irritating me to no end.
Favorite thing we are doing this month:
1.Road Trip- This month we took a weekend road trip to Nacogdoches. We went to the zoo and you got to chase peacocks around,collect feathers and ride a real mini train around the whole zoo. It was pretty awesome. You liked the bats, the 2 toe sloth, and the dragon they had. We also went by the college, Stephen F. Austin and went to Davey Crockett National Forest. All in all it was a pretty good weekend road trip. 

2.  Reading- Lately one of my favorite things to do with you has been to cuddle up at night and let you read to me! Yeppers you are finally getting the hang of reading and enjoy reading to every night. You normally have 5-7 books you pull out of your bag that are about 20 pages long that you read to me. I have never seen you look more proud than  I have this last month with your new talent. This has been a bumpy year with school and you are struggling,but you are making progress and every time you learn to read a new book you get this wonderful light in your eyes and I can see pride radiating off of you. 

3.  Bible Study- I have started doing a bible study with you this month and I enjoy seeing through your eyes in what we are studying and how you feel it affects our world and your family. We have only been at it for a couple of weeks,three nights a week,but you seem to enjoy it and ask me about when we do it next so all signs are positive.

Comments