6th grade curriculum....and the winner is.....

href="http://www.pirategrl1014.blogspot.com/search/label/Princess
Finally got around to ordering my daughters curriculum for this coming year. I know, I know, I am a HUGE procrastinator, but hey its done now, so get off my back ok? ok, lets move on! So I am going with a mixed curriculum, as always! I am fickle what can I say,. I love variety. Its the spice of life if you have not heard yet.  Anyway, my lovely Princess will be doing Mystery of History, Total Language Plus, Learning Adventures and Life of Fred, Rosetta Stone (French..she picked not me) and learning to play the drums (of all the instruments in the world she picks the loudest).
Yes, I already know what some of you are thinking, LA is a unit study, but I love MOH and I want my daughter to be an avid reader so we continue TLP all year long, or until she learns to love to read, which ever comes first :)
The music class she will be taking at a local music shop that has cut me an excellent deal on lessons. Now, we don't own drums (thank God) so I am trying to find a music store that will rent some to me for the year, unless its cheaper to buy a set off craigslist, than in that case we will sadly own a set of drums.I almost hate to go that route, simply because my daughter has gone from wanting to play the piano, the sax, the guitar, to now the drums. I really don't want to put a large investment into something she may change her mind about a month down the road, like the piano! Ok the piano I really didnt care, cause James plays really good and I love to hear the piano in the house, in the front yard, down the road...didn't realize how LOUD they are and how FAR you can hear them! lol, oh well could be worse, it could be the drums! :)
So there we have it ladies and gentleman my daughters 6th grade curriculum. Let's see how long I can stick to it!
PS: We are also doing geo box exchanges with a home school facebook group along with Flat Stanley exchanges as well to learn about geography. More of that to come later!

Comments