Delaney's Graduation to 6th grade


My baby girl has moved out of "elementary school" and into "middle school" years. Its such a wonderful and joyous day, but filled with a little sorrow. I love the huge milestones and watching my little girl grow spiritually, emotionally and intellectually, but sadly as they grow into those wonderful teenage years they also start to pull away. This is were the bittersweet comes into play I guess. Knowing I have done my part to date and she is becoming a beautifully unique individual with her own idea, thoughts, aspirations and path she wants to take brings me joy, but knowing I cannot hold on as tightly and need to start letting her pull away and learn by her own consequences with the decisions she makes does give me a small case of the blues. I wish I could always be the one that shelters her and makes the wise choices for her, but sadly I cannot. I have to learn to play from the sidelines and watch her make her own destiny in her own way and hope that she seeks my counsel and years of experience and wisdom that may help guide her along her path.

Comments