Teddy Bears Weekend


Today (Friday) we went to Ikea. I have been trying so hard to organize the school room and the kitchen area, were, realistically, is were we do most of the school work at. I have never been to Ikea and was amazed at how much "stuff" they have there. They even have a restaurant, full display room and play room to drop your kids in while you shop. I have issues with this, but it was still pretty neat. I though, went there to get two things, but left with just one. I needed BOOK SHELVES and lots of them. I am an avid reader, to put it mildly and have tons upon tons of books scattered throughout the house. Needless to say, I want my kids to have this same love of reading, which is one reason why we use A World of Adventure for our unit studies. What I needed though was some organization and Ikea was the place to get it done.  
After Ike, we realized we were directly across the street from the Dr. Pepper  Ballpark so we decided to stop on by since we were so close.
I have never been inside the stadium and it was a pretty cool to get to see. Drake and Teddy really loved the pitcher statue, so I let them climb on top of it and pose for a few photos.  The state of the art facility hosts a wide array of events such as concerts, family shows and sporting events Frisco, TX. It is owned by the Dallas Stars and Frisco. Dr Pepper Arena is home to the Texas Tornado hockey team of the NAHL and the Texas Legends basketball team of the NBA Development League. To the right is the baseball stadium and the to the left is the hockey stadium.


Comments