- SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium
- Moose Mountain Adventure Golf
- A.C.E.S. Flight Simulation
- Theatres at Mall of America
- American Girl
- Amazing Mirror Maze
- The Flying Dutchman Ghostly Gangplank Ropes and Adventure Course
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Minnesota's Mall of America is the largest, fully enclosed retail and family entertainment complex in the U.S.
- Seven Yankee Stadiums would fit inside Mall of America.
- Mall of America’s 13,300 tons of steel is nearly twice the amount than in the Eiffel
Kids with the Backyardigans
- Walking distance around one level of Mall of America is .57 of a mile.
- Spending 10 minutes in every store would take a shopper more than 86 hours to complete their visit to Mall of America.
- More than 5,000 couples have been married at Mall of America since opening in August of 1992.
- The Mall of America is located on the former Metropolitan Sports Stadium which was home to the Minnesota Vikings and Twins. Home plate can be found in Nickelodeon Universe as well as the original stadium seat the was hit by a home run
- There are 30,000 live plants and 400 live trees planted in Nickelodeon Universe
- It has its own zip code
- It draws 40 million visitors each year; more than Disney World, Graceland and the Grand Canyon combined.
|Who could resist a giant Sponge Bob?|
- It does not have a heating system. It relies on the heat from the lighting, the sunroof and all the people.
MATH MALL OF AMERICA STYLE:
So since we were at the mall, literally ALL day. I decided to get some fun facts about the mall that I could use to run a math lesson with. I know, I know, I am a horribly mom, but they did have some fun with it. Using the following list below they had to work out all sorts of problems and scenarios:
- 4 out of 10 visitors to Mall of America are tourists
- 4.3 miles of total store front footage
- 7 Yankee Stadiums can fit inside the Mall
- 24 rides and attractions in Nickelodeon Universe®
- 32 Boeing 747s could fit inside the Mall
- 65 semi trucks were needed to transport trees to the theme park to
- 70 degrees create the outdoor feel of an indoor park inside Mall of America no
- 86 hours is the length of time it would take to complete your visit to the Mall if you were to spend just 10 minutes in each store
- 258 Statues of Liberty could lie inside the Mall
- 350+ events are held at Mall of America each year
- 520+ stores are located in Mall of America
- 5,000+ weddings have been performed at Mall of America
- 11,000 year-round employees at Mall of America (13,000 during peak periods)
- 12,550 on-site parking spaces at Mall of America in two ramps
- 30,000+ live plants and 400 live trees climbing as high as 35 feet tall in Nickelodeon Universe
- 32,000+ tons of trash recycled each year
- 170,000+ Legos have been lost in the LEGO ® play area
- 1.2 million-gallon aquarium at SEA LIFE Minnesota (formerly Underwater Adventures)
- 4.2 million square feet of gross building area
- 40 million visitors annually which is more than the combined populations of North
- Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Canada
- 130+ million number of rides in the park since opening
- 650 million visits since opening cost to build
- $650+ million Mall of America generates in economic activity annually for the state of Minnesota
|Kids standing at home plate|