Roller Skating 101


Drizzle has been harping on me for the last year to take him roller skating. He has been one time before back when he was 3 and we went for his sisters birthday, but he could not skate on his own, or really stand on them by himself. Technically I count this as his first time to roller skate, since he can do it alone! I brought him up for his first big boy lesson that he got to do all by himself and he was SO PROUD!
We had to get his wheels tightened a little bit,but he was a pro at it. He even got out on the floor and did a boogie!

 
He learned all about:
T-Position Standing Still
Marching
Falling Down & Getting Up
T-Stop Toe Stop
Red Light Green Light
Beginning Backwards Marching
Forward Scissors
Beginning Backwards Scissors
Cannon Ball
Hokey Pokey

He had such a fabulous time I had to drag him out after 3 hours, which was simply all I could muster. He did make a cute little friend a year older than him and they skated alone and played games. He was too embarrassed I guess to skate with his mommy and told me I could skate ahead when he fell on purpose so he could catch his friend on the way around. They grow up too fast :( 

Comments