My 100 ACTS OF KINDNESS

I will be adding to these as the days go bye, but I thought maybe it would give some good ideas to others to post as I go! Not sure I am going to get 100 simple because I am going to try hard not to repeat my acts of kindness but try hard to be creative and think of new ways to show kindness.

Act 1: Pick up kids that live in a different town to bring to church/drop off (rotation for the year)
Act 2: Brought kids to zoo with friends, despite being exhausted, not wanting to go and having things I needed to get done. They had a blast
Act 3: Volunteered to be a Judge for the National Spelling Bee for all grades, even though only my 6th grader is participating.
Act 4:  Spent time with my neighbor and encouraged him when he got bad news about a pending court date.
Act 5:  Did not yell at my daughter when I really wanted to, instead I walked away till I calmed down
Act 6: Did not get upset with my son when he had yet another accident (really wanted to)
Act 7: Did not chew out and voice my opinion at the lady we breed-ed (?) our dog with. despite the fact that she did not give us pick of the litter as promised and sold the dog we wanted to keep. (VERY HARD)
Act 8: Shared the Gospel with Daughters friends and tried to answer all their questions
Act 9:  Prayed for an issue a friend is going through
Act 10: Held the door for a lady that was alone with a double side by side stroller and she could not get the door and her kids in at the same time.
Act 11: Volunteered to be an AWANA teacher when they have needed one for 4 months. Goodbye Tuesdays! But I confess I love it!
Act 12: Helped my daughter organize her menus for the month for her cooking class with a lady from church
Act 13: Slipped 30 sheets of  paper hearts that say “It’s Random Acts of Kindness Week! Have a great day and remember Jesus loves you!” under the windshield wipers of parked cars.
Act 14:  Payed a compliment to my neighbor about his musical abilities
Act 15: Told my kids why I love them (almost used past tense ;)
Act 16:  bought coffee or the person behind me in line
Act 17: Payed for the meal of the person behind me in the drive-through
Act 18: Held the door at the post office for a lady walking up
Act 19: Played football for 4 hours with the neighbor kids
Act 20: Caved and took the kids and their dog on an hour walk, when I was exhausted.
Act 21: Let me kids have the TV to watch wrestling instead of watching my show
Act 22: Gave my daughter and extra day off school
Act 23: Offered to keep my daughters friends dog till they can find him a new home.
Act 24: Didn't yell at the car that cut me off, but let it go and waved instead
Act 25:Offered to help an elderly man with his groceries
Act 26:Intentionally said hello to every person I passed this morning and asked how their day was and waited for an answer.
Act 27: Withheld my snide comment when I REALLY wanted to give it
Act 28: Let someone cut in line in front of me at the grocery store
Act 29: Gave away my hockey tickets to a someone who otherwise would not get to go.
Act 30: Took  some of my kids friends to the zoo with us.
Act 31: Did not point out what my kids did not do today, but only focused on what they did do! (not as easy as it seems)
Act 32: Made breakfast for the kids for dinner, which they love
Act 33:  Put up my shopping cart instead of popping it in front of another car :(
Act 24: Sent cards to five random people in the phone book, just letting them know someone cares.
Act 25: Complimented a stranger
Act 26: Sent a thank you note to the employees at a Children s Hospital, for all that they do.
Act 27: donated some of my favorite books to the local library.
Act 28:Adopted another cat from a neighbor so she did not have to bring it to the pound when she lost her job and could not afford her. Now she can see her kitty anytime.
Act 29: spent extra time cuddling with my son, even though it made me late to work.
Act 30: let my daughter stay up late so we could spend some mommy/daughter time together.

OK let me stop right here! WOW, never thought this would be hard. I don't doubt that I do random acts of kindness everyday, just never thought of them as acts of kindness..Now that I am "documenting" it most of the things that I would write seem kinda petty actually. Not that they are not good things, more of how can people not simply do these things everyday without cause? I cannot think of going a whole day and not complimenting my kids on something they did great, or holding a door for someone, or offering to help someone that I can plainly see needs it. I am finding it difficult to jot down things I don't feel are "deep" acts of kindness is my problem. Then I think of Luke 6:35

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil."

and Philippians 2: 1-4

 "So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others"

And I realize that even the smallest act of kindness can make a huge impact on someones life. You never know what someone else is going through and the simplest of things can be the light they needed at that moment. Above all else we are called by GOD to treat others with kindness, compassion and love every day. So all the little acts of kindness I am thinking are not "good enough" to put down here, well, they are. Every act of kindness is important and demonstrates the love of God and you never know how that act of kindness is going to affect someone and how God is going to use t for His glory! So all that to say, after contemplating, I am perfectly OK with all my acts of kindness.













Comments