The Share Award
What is the best thing about your birthday?
- God loves you and wants you to be in His family (John 3:16).
- We have all sinned and gone our own way (Romans 3:23).
- Jesus came to earth and died on the cross for our sins (John 3:16).
- We have to believe that He died for our sins and came alive again (Romans 10:9).
- Tell God that we want to receive Him into our lives; we need to receive His forgiveness for our sins.
- Say thank you to Him. Celebrate! Call another believer and tell him or her the good news. Write the date in the Bible.
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup melted butter
Sugar/cinnamon mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons cinnamon to 2 tablespoons sugar)
10 ounce can of crescent rolls
1. Open can of crescent rolls and separate into triangles. The rolls represent the linen cloths used in covering the dead.
2. Dip and roll one marshmallow (representing the body) into melted butter. The butter represents the oils used in anointing the dead body.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Roll the marshmallow in the mixture. The mixture represents the spices used in burials.
4. Place the marshmallow in the center of the crescent triangle and carefully fold the dough around the marshmallow. (Pinch the edges tightly to seal in the marshmallow as it melts.) Put each crescent-wrapped marshmallow on a slightly greased cookie sheet or in a greased cupcake pan.
5. Bake the rolls in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown. The oven represents the tomb.
Let them cool. When the kids bite into them, they will see that the inside is empty!