Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What I Love Most About My Princess-September

Month:September

Special Days: Sitting out side reading together, taking you to the zoo, teachng along side you at AWANA, watching you grow up.

Favorite Stories: OK there not favorite in a good way, but in a way that I am glad you share your life and your heart with me. You have been enrolled in public school and it has been a great challenge for you. Although the teachers love you and academically you are ahead of the curve, the kids are not kind to you and your feelings are daily being hurt. I knew public school would be hard, especially as a girl, but you have such a friendly personaity and a kind heart that I was hoping and praying you would have an easy go of it and instead those are the things you get made fun of. The charachtr that brings the Lord joy and makes you so special the enemy loves to attack and I am sorry that you have to go through all of this. Though I can say you persever and you take in strides most day. You have not let the mean kids hinder you from befriending the kids that no one else wants to sit with or talk to, instead you welcome them with open arms and befriend them. I know this warms the Lords heart as it does mine. you are doing what has been taught to you and I could not take more pride in you then I when I hear stories like this from you..

Fabulous Photo:  

Greatest Quotes: " I get to take care of the babies!" You said it again and again with such enthusiam I loved it. You look forward to helping out in the nursery and at AWANA.
What has impressed me most about you this month: I adored watching you as a leader with the Puggles. Yes, they are small, cute little bundles of joy, but they are alot of hard work and responsibility as well. You take your job in strides. Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning, with a little bit of cuddle time and play time mixed in. I am very proud of how you steppe din when the church needed someone and how serious you take this responsibility. It shows great character and your love for the Lord as a servent to others. We coul dnot hold AWANA with the staff we have without you baby and I am greatful and proud of you.
Where I hope to see you grow: You are heading in the right directions with most aspects of your life baby and I am proud of you and the young lady you are turning into. The only area you struggle with continously that I would like to see you grow in, is your attitude toward your little brother and myself at times. You are very short with him and get aggitated easily when he wants your attention. Yes, I know Drake is a HANDFUL, but I wish and pray for you to to get along better and speak more kindly to one another and be graceful toward each other.
My Absolute 3 Favorite Thing We Did Together This Month
1. Youth Group- Its your first year at youth group and Iam so proud of you. To kow you are being encouraged and encouraging others to walk firm in the Lord. This is from one of the leaderes Chris, as to what you guys have been working on and applying to your daily walk. "Just want to give you a quick update on what we will be covering the next several weeks. Last week, we transitioned to the topic of Discipline. The key verse that will launch us into the next several weeks is Romans 12:2.

We looked at a variety of things that the kids have to do each day requiring discipline. Some examples include homework assignments, household chores, studying for a test, sports practices, etc. Failure to do these (or others) usually have immediate consequences if the students fail to do them. In contrast, I explained that when students do not make it a priority to spend time with God, there are no immediate consequences (i.e. They aren't kicked of the team, don't have to take a class over, etc.). However, if they do not set aside time to listen to God, they eventually pay a price because if they don't listen, they don't learn. If they don't learn, they won't change. They won't show proper respect from God. (Taken from The Seven Checkpoints--Andy Stanley)

Last night we began taking them through the first of a series of "Disciplines" we will be looking at: Reading the Word. I think it would really be helpful if you are able to follow-up with your kids in the coming weeks to encourage them to put this (along with the others we will cover--Prayer, Journaling, Scripture Memory) into practice (if they are not doing so already). From some of our small group time last week, it was good to hear that several of the kids in the groups were already having time alone with the Lord doing some of these things. "

2. AWANA LEADER!! You are officially the Puggles Leader, so adorable. You even got your own gray shirt that identifies you as a leader.
3.  Family Photos- We have not had a family photo since, well for a VERY long time. I was so happy to get to take photos with all three of my kids together for the very first time!




Post a Comment