What I Love Most About Matthew-Jan 2013

Special Days:  counselor visits, driving skills, Sunday school, lay days at home

Favorite Stories: You almost taking out the car next to us when backing out of your parking space. Granted it was the first time you had to leave a space with another car next to you and you are still learning which way to steer the wheel. and it did not help that I was finishing up a phone call instead of giving you instructions like I should have been. Luckily nothing happened and all's well that ends well.

Fabulous Photo:  


Greatest Quotes:  "screw you then" you said this to your sister when she was annoying you over resetting the internet connection. Needless to say this did not go over to well with me  or her.

What has impressed me most about you this month:
Every time i turn around someone else is telling me what a wonderful job you are doing helping out in Sunday class with the kids. The parents tell me their kids adore you, the other teachers tell me you are fabulous and its a delight that you help out and how glad they are that you are willing to serve. I am very proud that you are doing such a wonderful job helping out. The impression you leave on these kids will carry them through so many of lives troubles and journey and I am happy you are making a difference in their lives today.

Bible Verse: 

John 15:9-17 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another."

Where I hope to see you grow: In the way that you have begun speaking. There is power in words, both positive and negative ones. Lately you have been sharp with your tongue towards your sister and brother and way too liberal in what you think is OK to say to them.  Its ok to be angry, hurt or upset, but you have to learn to respond in love and not out of anger and hurt feelings to continue to stir up strife.



My Absolute 3 Favorite Thing We Did:

1. Driving: yep, you are still learning to drive and with my foot broke and us in my mom's car for the month, you took full driving advantage. You are getting pretty darn good too. Your turns are getting better, you learned to pull into parking spaces, reverse out (without hitting another car), and you even managed to work up to one of the main roads by the church, practicing your U-Turns. I am very proud at how far you have come in your mad driving skills.
 
2.School Challenges: Crazy, I know that this of all things makes my favorite list, but yet it does. One of the great joys of being a mom is being there for your kids when they struggle, fall and rise again. This year has not been an easy one school wise, but each day you are making better choices and improving and that is all I can ask of you. I enjoy the ride, through all the twists and turns and ups and downs that is takes us on. It is challenging this year and I am learning along the way with you, after all you are the High School test ;)

3. Lazy days: I love the days of lounging around the house with you, just watching you live your life, interact with your friends and the people you care about. I like listening to the stories you tell about your day and hearing the challenges and joys you have in life. I basically adore getting to be in your world and knowing you better each and every day.

 

Comments