Monday, April 22, 2013
My Homeschool Website Links
Home-Schooling Stores in Texas: http://www.texashomeeducators.com/homeschoolstores.htm
Web Browser for Kids: http://www.kidzui.com/
Note Taking Help: http://opossumsally.homestead.com/Facts/Takingnotes.html
2. Children's Bible Lesson http://gardenofpraise.com/bibleles.htm
3. Lessons on caring
4. Youth Practice: http://www.youthwork-practice.com/index.html
5. Principles and Practices of Biblical Parenting study
6. Devils Beatudes: http://my.homewithgod.com/mkcathy/inspirational/devil.html
7. Character education on responsibility
http://learningtogive.org/lessons/unit514/ - grade 6
http://learningtogive.org/lessons/unit515/ - grade 7
http://learningtogive.org/lessons/unit513/ - grade 8
8. Bible Trivia: http://biblestuph.com/trivia
9. Bible Facts: http://ezinearticles.com/?Strange-Biblical-Facts&id=427964
10. Role Models on the web: The goal of this site is to showcase outstanding role models to help youths and young adults to pattern their lives.
11. For Drake: Little Talkers present delightful stories told by animals that will help children to understand the importance of living their lives for God each day and obeying Him in all things. http://www.parentcompany.com/little_talkers/default.asp
12. Bible Fun Facts: http://www.2020site.org/fun-facts/Fun-Bible-Facts.html
13. Courage lessons & activities: Here is a list of multimedia art activities that can be used to explore the theme of courage
14. Bible Quiz: http://biblestuph.com/trivia
15. Bible Time Line: http://www.indefenseofthecross.com/Bible_facts.htm
17. Free weekly Biblical e-charts
19. Jesus Folk: Jesus Christ, God & Bible Centered Christian Online Community
20. Bible Study Guide for all ages: http://www.biblestudyguide.com/
22. Power Team For Kids: 13 Lessons from John for kids (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) http://www.isob-bible.org/lessons/pteam.pdf
23. Patch The Pirate – a radio show with activities http://www.patchthepirate.org/
24. Mr Bill's World: a fun, safe, interactive zone for kids who love music, adventure and cool things to do. http://mrbillsworld.com/
25. Calvary Kids: online games, printable pages, devotions, teen corner and more
26. Confident Kids Support Groups - for hurting children and for struggling parents http://www.confidentkids.com/
27. Calvary Chapel curriculum for both Old & New Testaments
28. For the answers, please visit the free See AMC Montessori Hands On Spring Newsletter Part III
http://www.amonco. org/spring3/ montessori_ spring_3. pdf
Receive more free spring lesson planning by visiting
http://www.amonco. org/montessori_ spring_handson. html
29. Devotions for teens
http://www.tddm. org/index. php/devotionals/ archived- devos.html
<http://www.tddm. org/index. php/devotionals/ archived- devos.html>
30. Back To The Bible: radio, the Internet, TV and other media to share the
Gospel message and help Christians grow to spiritual maturity through
Bible teaching and engagement.
http://www.backtoth ebible.org/ <http://www.backtoth ebible.org/>
31. What are the basics of biblical parenting?
32. KID'S WORLD includes lots of Bible lessons which are valuable for all ages (even teens and adults!), but especially for those up to age 12.
33. Kids Ranch – a site for fun and encouragement: http://www.kidsranch.org/
34. E Life Online - Christian magazine
35. Teen Q & A: current events, teen issues, friendships, Christian living, etc
36. Confident Kids Support Groups - for hurting children and for struggling parents
39. Happy Mothering – inspiration to live a simple natural lifestyle
40. Survival Kit for Students: This kit provides Christian students with the real answers they need to survive the onslaught of atheism, humanism and evolution in the public schools.
4. http://www.midwestchristianacademy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=59 It will walk you through, step-by-step, how to use the ACE curriculum in a homeschool environment.
5. http://www.weeklyreader.com/subcategory/18 I love using Weekly reader for part of my unit Studies, the kids adore them!
8. Lighthouse Christian Academy
1. History channel
2. National Geographic
3. Discovery Channel
5. Sesame Street
6. The Electric Company
7. Magic School Bus
8. Man vs. Wild
9. Beakmans World
10. Between the Lions
11. 3-2-1 Penguins
13. Teen Kids News
14. Myth Busters
15. Dog Whisperer
16. The Deadliest Warrior
1. Apps, Apps, So Many Apps
2. I am looking into Scratch, scratch.mit.edu, for my children to start to learn programming.
4. http://www. Kid Coder.com
1. Teaching Online: Providing free lesson plans in all curriculum areas. Designed for teachers of students aged 5-14 years. Also includes starters & strategies Teachers Magazine in pdf format. http://www.teachingonline.org/
2. Educational Games of all sorts/topics: Gudli: a free, online education service that makes learning fun for young children http://www.gudli.com/
3. Children's Books Online: large collection of illustrated, antique books
4. Ways to help kids learn better/faster:
5. Worksheets for all ages: http://www.allkidsnetwork.com/worksheets/
6. Descriptions and links for Apps categorized by topics that include science.
7. Online Dictionary Encyclopedia Britannica
8. http://www.edhelper.com/ All subjects/grades
9. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Home.html All subjects/grades
14. Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators is a categorized list of sites useful for enhancing curriculum and professional growth. It is updated often to include the best sites for teaching and learning.
15. Work sheets for all ages/grades http://www.theheadoftheclass.com/
17. A to Z Home's Cool Member Database
18. Record keeping: www.homeschooltracker.com for tracking my high schoolers.
19. Visit www.Everythinghomeschooling.com They will answer any questions and help you find ways to fit your schooling with what is going on in your house.
20. http://www.lessonplanet.com/ all subjects/grades
21. Teacher's Domain (free rego) Flash interactives, images, documents, lesson plans for teachers, and student-oriented activities.
23. Here is a site with interactive links based on public school grade standards for the 5th grade.
24. There are a ton of online resources that are a lot more engaging than worksheets. But if you really want worksheet, here are a few sites where you can find them.
25. http://www.discoveryeducation.com/teachers/free-lesson-plans/index.cfm all grades/subjects
29. http://www.lessonpathways.com/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome (this is AWESOME, you can create a lesson plan for him for every subject)
35. Parent Pals: A special education community where parents and professionals share information and offer support.
36. Smart Boards: http://homesqool.com/freeworkshops.html
38. Factory Tours USA: A listing of factory tours available all over the United States. Find any that are close to where you live or check out the possibilities before you take your next trip. Great resource!
Anatomy Web Sites:
1. Think Anatomy: Links to the best human anatomy study aids on the internet: http://thinkanatomy.com/
2. Street Anatomy: an exploration of how anatomy is portrayed in everything from fine art to advertising
3. Get Body Smart: Beautifully detailed Flash animations and images are used in this online interactive anatomy textbook.
4. Making the Senses Make Sense; Hands-on Activities to Help Children
Explore the Five Senses; Unit designed for Preschool
5. "Whack-a-Bone!" We have been studying the human body this year, and that was a really amusing way to review the bones of the body! Anatomy Arcade: free, fun, interactive games that teach basic human anatomy. 13 and up (Younger students may enjoy this with parental supervision.)
Art/Crafts/Activities Web Sites
2. Daily art projects for younger children : http://www.childcareland.com/artproject.html
3. Activities for Preschoolers: http://fun.familyeducation.com/games/preschool/33373.html
4. Activities for Children: http://fun.familyeducation.com/activities-center/toddlers-preschoolers-K12children/?detoured=1
5. The Crafty Classroom – free educational crafts
6. Bible coloring pages: http://www.freechristimages.org/bible_coloring_pages.htm
7. How to make paint: http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/frugalfun/fingerpaint.htm
8. Lots of free downloads: http://christianhomeschoolhub.spruz.com/downloads.htm
9. Hunkins Experiments
Cool cartoons that will have you experimenting with food, light, sound, clothes, and a whole lot more!!http://www.hunkinsexperiments.com/
10. Make Beliefs Comics – create your own comic strip. Online educational comic generator for kids of all ages. You have the choice of characters with different moods and the chance to write words and thoughts for them. Help develop your child's imagination. http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/
11. How to make a tea box planter: http://opossumsal.homestead.com/Gardening/wbfly.html
12. Art/History: Found this online for making The Bridge over the Hellespont.
scroll down page to view resource, click and start building.
13. Sketchbook ideas:
14. Mark Kistlers Imagination Station : http://www.draw3d.com/
15. try www.donnayoung.org: I use her & Draw write now
16. How to make a wooden sandbox: http://www.howtodothings.com/hobbies/how-to-make-a-wooden-sandbox
17. How to make a color garden: http://www.eduplace.com/rdg/gen_act/color/garden.html
18. The weeks surrounding President's Day are a great time to teach kids about money.
One fun way that I have found to make this difficult concept more hands on is to make Personal coins with each kid's profile out of silhouette paper .Get all the details on my blog post. Presidents Day Activity – Teach Kids About Money by Putting their Profiles on Coins:
19. Cartoonster - if you are interested in learning about the basics of cartoon animation. Created by a teenager, there are simple tutorials that help you understand the concepts of frame by frame animation. http://www.kidzdom.com/tutorials/
20. A nice way to "visit" a museum before you visit a museum: http://www.googleartproject.com/
21. Drawing or animation. We use www.doink.com
22. A Natural State: free virtual workshops with step-by-step instructions and illustrations on how to make artwork using natural materials such as clay, pine needles, branches, vines, acorns, nuts, flowers, leaves, rocks, shells, and more.
23. How to make a bean bag:
24. Candle making and crafts: How to make gel candles, recycled candles, floating candles, chunk candles and decorative candles. http://www.allfreecrafts.com/candles/index.shtml
25. Twisty Noddle: Thousands of free colouring pages and worksheets to customize and print for kids. http://twistynoodle.com/
26. Creative art projects: http://www.kiwifami lies.co.nz/ Topics/Activitie s/Creative+ Arts/Jewellery+ Making/Craft+ Ideas+with+ Beads.html
27. Creative Arts in Action - I think its in Watauga http://www.creativeartsinaction.com/
28. The Wildlife Porch: Helping attract wild birds, butterflies, and other wildlife to patios, balconies, and backyards everywhere
1. Meet The Greens: a site for kids looking after the planet http://www.meetthegreens.org/
All about Animals:
1. Show Me The Future: This free financial literacy game is designed to help tweens, teens, and college-age students prepare for their futures. The game helps players understand: The Cost of Living, Budgeting, Difference Between Wants and Needs, Importance of Financial Planning, Setting Career Goals & Value of Higher Education
2. Money Instructor; Money worksheets and Lesson Plans for teaching money including coins, checks, and money math.
1. Poetry Aloud: http://www.kristinegeorge.com/poetry_aloud.html
2. Free e-books
4. Free Classic Audio Books
5. Handwriting practice
6. Fun Reading games
7. Here is a 77 page activity book packed full of Easter-themed learning
for PreK through 3rd grade. It includes activities for Language Arts,
Math and Science as well as a several 'just for fun' pages. <http://christianhom eschoolhub. spruz.com/ list-of-download s.htm>
10. grammar checker program: Whitesmoke
13. Helping Struggling Readers - Articles with resources to help understand how to help struggling readers
All Things Preschool (all Subjects):
6. Kid Sparkles: Original preschool curriculum, activity printables and lesson
7. Activities for Teaching Phonics
8. Learning through gesture is proved to be the best technique for Kindergarten and Montessori kids; we have developed software named MLearning Phonic Gesture to implement this technique in real world.Currently, its available in Android based phones and tablets whereas iPhone, RIM and Windows 7 for mobile solutions are under construction.That software is totally FREE to use in schools and homes.You can get this software from android market at https://market.android.com by searching MLearning or Phonic or Gesture.
And using direct link at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pgs.android.gestures.demo&feature=search_result
Visit our website http://www.sluice.com.pk
9. Interactive Clifford storybooks
10. Homeschool Radio Shows – listen online to these classics
11. www.starfall.com . It's a fabulous website for young children that teaches letter sounds and reading.
13. Printable PreK: Scrapbook pages, calendars with seasonal songs, cubby tags, bookmarks, awards and more http://www.printableprek.com/
14. program that is wonderful for beginning readers is "Zoo-phonics." http://www.zoo-phonics.com/
15. Here is a site to check out:
123 Child - lesson plan ideas for toddler, preschool and kindergarten teachers (great site!)
16. A lot of people find the free preschool curriculum list at
be very helpful
17. universalpreschool.com for kindergarten too
21. Old MacDonald's Farm site – heaps of great ideas and activities
1. Lap booking: www.handsofachild.com
2. There is an animated read along version on www.mightybookjr.com
3. Animated Map and History of our Country http://www.animated atlas.com/ movie.html
5. http://brightideaspress.com/?page_id=6 Mystery of History
6. http://www.shep pardsoftware.com/web_games.htm
7. The Noble Experiment
8. Notgrass Government and Economics
9. USA Learns
11. CBBC Newsround Online provides news for and about children every day of the year.
14. Make A Hero: explore stories of mythical heroes from Mexico, Africa, China, Egypt, Greece, and the United States - and you can even make your own hero
16. use The Animaniacs States and Capitals song on you tube:
Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUDDaEOvuY
22. Try youtube at wakko's america by the animaniacs I wasn't thrilled with that cartoon but this song really stuck.or www.webeans.net/hutt/statesong.htm for the lyrics scrambles states of america book has a website and some printables to help
23. Teaching Social Justice to Kids
25. This is kind of World History, or maybe Other World History. Enjoy this
clip. APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) is one of our all-time favorite
26. France Facts for kids
29. State Facts: http://www.lessons4you.com/funfacts/
30. EQ-IQ, the website where you can learn how to be prepared for an earthquake or any of the other natural disasters
31. I thought this was neat for teaching American History: http://www.homeofheroes.com/
32. Geology of Caves
http://www.suite101.com/content/cave-geology-a105338 - lime caves
34. The Vikings
36. History Channel and website
37. Congress for Kids
gives you access to interactive, fun-filled experiences designed to help you learn about the foundation of our federal government and how its actions affect you
38. FREE (Federal Resources for Educational Excellence) Teaching and learning resources from Federal agencies
39. Civil War for Kids: http://www.pocanticohills.org/civilwar/cwar.htm
40. Social Studies: http://web.ccsd.k12.wy.us/techcurr/Social%20Studies/06/socstudies.html
42. There is a website that lists reading books for different time periods. http://www.abookintime.com/index.html
2. Kid friendly recipes
4. Passport of the World: http://christianhomeschoolhub.spruz.com/
7. Healthy Recipes
9. Be A Superkid: healthy recipes, games and tips
10. Food activities and crafts
1. Basic Math: A solid understanding of basic math skills by going in depth into many math topics. The answer to your math questions is most likely here. The site also offers basic math games, calculators, puzzles, and worksheets.
2. For Drake: Fun shapes games for kids to play that reinforce shape and pattern learning.http://pbskids.org/games/shapes.html
8. http://do nnayoung.org/math/index.htm
10. Math Tutoring: http://www.thinkwellhomeschool.com/
11. We used dominoes.
Worked well to show math families too. 2 + 3 = 5 ---- turn the domino around and you get 3 + 2 = 5 -- count all the dots now cover up one side 5-2 = 3, now cover the other side 5-3=2.
we would play standard dominoes but you had to say a math fact.
Or use dice (we were able to find 10 and 12 sided dice at a comic book store for a couple dollars -- the same dice at a teacher's store were $12 !) We would roll and see who could get to 50 or 100 first.
12. Mission US:Iinteractive adventure games set in different eras of U.S. history
13. Math Whizz http://www.whizz.us
Online math program for learning elementary math.
They have a free trial available.
14. Addition/Subtraction specific:
Memory Joggers - http://memoryjoggers.com/memory-joggers-system/how-memory-joggers-works/addition-subtraction
Rhymes to memorize addition and subtraction fact families.
15. Multiplication/Division specific:
Times Tales- http://www.triggermemorysystem.com
Zero and one facts are easy, two's are just double addition, five facts are known if a child can read minutes on an analog clock, then Times Tales quickly teaches 6x3 thru 10x10 so the only additional facts that have to be memorized are 3x3, 3x4, and 4x4.
16. Skip Count Kid Songs- http://www.skipcountkid.com
17. "School House Rock Multiplication"- FREE online on YouTube just search for this title
18. Timez Attack- FREE online http://www.bigbrainz.com/Multiplication.php
1. Tutpup where you can compete in fun, educational games against other kids from all over the World! (great security requirements)
2. Children of the Earth: helps young people learn about animals, plants, ecology, and nature centers
4. Games to `fun – up' your day
5. education.com: http://www.educatio n.com/activity/ article/beanbag_ letter_blends/
6. Games For Learning Learn to make homemade educational games.
http://www.angelfir e.com/wi2/ GamesForLearning
8. Just Kids Games: a site with educational games to help teach kids about math, science, reading and the environment
9. Slime Kids: packed with games and book trailers, is designed to provide a fun, interactive learning experience to get students motivated to learn on their own! As well as superb educational tools including reference works and search engines.
10. http://www.mamajenn .com/ECDiscountG amesForLearning. html
11. Games For Learning Learn to make homemade educational games.
http://www.angelfir e.com/wi2/ GamesForLearning
12. http://www.pencilan dpapergames. com/
13. Games For Learning Learn to make homemade educational games.
Foreign Language: (some are for people to learn English, but these are also helpful to teach your kids the principles of English as well)
1. Learn to speak Spanish: Interesting Spanish lessons.
http://learntospeak -spanish. com/blog/
<http://learntospeak -spanish. com/blog/>
2. Rosetta Stone
4. Everything ESL
1. Essentials of Music
http://www.essentia lsofmusic. com/
2. Testing without smelling:
http://www.sciencek ids.co.nz/ experiments/ smelltaste. html
3. Fun science experiments
http://kids. nationalgeograph ic.com/kids/ activities/ funscience/
<http://kids. nationalgeograph ic.com/kids/ activities/ funscience/>
1. From Cells to Systems; Unit designed for 2nd Grade: 10 Lessons
2. Insect Mania; Unit designed for 2nd Grade: 10 lessons (13-14 days)
The focus of this thematic unit is to explore insects and their place in our
world. This unit will give students an understanding of basic insect anatomy,
advantages and disadvantages of insects, the life cycle of insects, and the
lives of social insects. Students will participate in hands-on and literacy
enriched activities and projects that are designed to help them appreciate
the workings of the insect world. It is best to introduce this unit during the
season of spring when there is an abundance of insects to observe in their
3. Interesting Insects; Unit designed for 2nd grade:
8 lessons (11 days; 1 day= 40-50 min.)
In this unit students will learn about the characteristics of insects. They will
explore insects through cooperative learning, group projects, class discussions,
hands on opportunities and poetry. This unit ends with an insect project
presentation by each student.
4. Insects; Unit designed for 2nd Grade:
15 lessons (includes assessments, field trips, guest speaker)
This insect unit will provide students with an introduction to insects as well
as insight into insect development. We will also study individual insects such
as ants, honeybees, and butterflies. This is a multi-disciplinary unit that
provides hands-on experiences for the students.
5. Water, Water Everywhere, and Nary a Drop to Drink! A Study of the Ocean;
Unit designed for 1st Grade: 5 Lessons
6. Under the Sea; Unit designed for 1st Grade
7. There's a Commotion in the Ocean; Unit designed for
1st Grade: 9 Lessons
8. What's the Matter?;l Unit designed for 1st Grade: 5 Lessons
9. Understanding and Measuring Matter, Unit designed for 1st Grade: 7 Lessons
10. Understanding and Measuring Matter, Unit designed for 1st Grade: 7 Lessons
11. Matter: Its States and Properties; Unit designed for 1st Grade:
Four lessons over a period of five to seven days
12. Think: Mnemonics for example King Philip cried out for goodness sake --- Kingdom Phylum class order family genus species These are biological classifications for science.
15. NOAA stands for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Offers dozens of fun games and learning activities for kids from the elementary level to high school.
16. Science & Animal games
1. The visual dictionary http://www.abcmouse.com/landing/SOC:FB:FG
2. http://www.worlda tlas.com/
Blogs I like:
12 Suggestions For Raising Godly Children
by Dale Harcombe
So you want to bring your children up in God's ways so that they will follow Him. Here are some suggestions for ways you can help achieve this.
1. Pray for and with your child. Let them see the reality of your faith as you turn to the Lord in prayer when problems or hard times come, or just for God's help with decisions each day.
Encourage them by your example to praise God for the blessings of life every day.
2. As you pray for your children, pray for those they will grow up to marry. From the time they were little, we prayed or God's choice of the right Christian marriage partner for each of our children
3. Read the bible to them when they are young and with them as they grow older. Many families I know use time at the dinner table to read God's Word and to pray. This time didn't always work for us. If it doesn't, then make another time to do this. Don't put it off because it is too hard. Those things that are important we can always make time for - if we try.
4. Read to your child- not just from the bible although that's a good start but share picture books, novels, non fiction and poetry with them. It's a precious time to be able to read with our kids and share literature.
5. Turn the TV off and spend time with your children - playing a board game, going for a picnic and enjoying God's creation, playing ball or talking.
6. Enjoy your children and spending time with them. Maybe try cooking together. Yes, it may end up with the kitchen a bit of a mess but it's a great time together and worth the mess. Make a game of clearing up the mess together afterwards. And cooking doesn't only have to be with daughters! Boys often like to cook with Mom or Dad too.
7. Often times traveling in the car or when involved in other activities like cooking, are times when children open up and talk about things troubling them or just talk. Value such times when you will gain an insight into your child.Listen to your children. Don't always be the one talking and telling them what to do. Their ideas are valuable.
8. Decide that time with your children and less material things are more important than extra income so they, and you, can have every toy or gadget as it comes on the market.
9. Remember you're the parent and this is one of the hardest but most rewarding jobs you will ever do. Take it seriously and do not spoil or give into your child. You are only making life hard for yourself and others who come into contact with your child.
10. Children need to know the boundaries and what the consequences are for overstepping those boundaries. Even if you don't agree with smacking, and I think there are occasions when it is warranted though it was not something I used often with my children, there are other options like taking away privileges instead. .
11. Be accountable. Be an example they can model behavior on. Parents aren't perfect. If you do lash out in anger and do or say things you shouldn't, admit that you were wrong.
12. Take them to church and Sunday school and encourage the friendships they make there. Talk about what they are taught and clarify anything not clear.
The Proverbs Curriculum: 50 Life Skills God Wants You to Teach
Your Children from the Book of Proverbs
1:7 ~ To fear the Lord
1:10 ~ To stand alone
1:23 ~ To turn at reproof
2:4 ~ A proper value system
3:3 ~ To love mercy and truth
3:5 ~ To trust God and not themselves
3:6 ~ To put God first in everything
3:9 ~ Give to God.
3:11 ~ To appreciate chastening
3:27-30 ~ To be a good neighbour
4:1-4 ~ To listen, learn, and remember
4:23 ~ To keep their heart
4:24 ~ To maintain a pure mouth
4:27 ~ To stay true to God
6:6-8 ~ To love work and not sleep
6:20 ~ To obey
7:25 ~ To be morally pure
8:13 ~ To hate evil
8:17 ~ To love God
11:14 ~ To seek Godly counsel
11:30 ~ To love the souls of men
13:13 ~ To love the Word of God
13:20 ~ To chose the right friends
14:9 ~ Not to mock at sin
14:17 ~ To control anger
15:8 ~ To pray
15:14 ~ To love to learn
15:16 ~ To have a grateful heart
15:20 ~ To please you
16:4 ~ To please God
16:19 ~ To have a humble spirit
17:9 ~ To cover other's sins
17:17 ~ To be a friend
18:13 ~ The folly of prejudice
19:5 ~ To be truthful
19;17 ~ To give to the poor
21:17 ~ Not to love pleasure
21:21 ~ That honour comes from godliness
21:31 ~ To find security in God
22:29 ~ To do their best in everything
23:17 ~ Not to envy sinners
23:26 ~ To love you and imitate your Godly lifestyle
24:10 ~ Not to quit.
25:19 ~ To discern the spirit of other people.
25:28 ~ To control their emotions
26:17 ~ To mind their own business
27:1 ~ To live in the present
28:1 ~ The boldness of a clear conscience
28:13 ~ To deal with their own sin
31:10-31 ~ The glories of a virtuous woman
(to become one or to marry one).
Science: Human Body
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/kinser/Size1.html brain size and the body
http://www.timeforkids.com/TFK/kids/hh/writeideas/articles/0,28372,634432,00.html time for kids (compare/contrast humans/animals)
http://www.answersingenesis.org/worldwide/about biblical answers
http://www.teachervision.fen.com/ecological-adaptation/animals/6989.html (all about animals)
http://middle.usm.k12.wi.us/faculty/Jacobs2/muscles/muscletitle%20page.htm (printable pp for muscle system)
http://science.pppst.com/ science power points for kids
Anger Management for Kids:
1. http://www.pepnonprofit.org/ (free downloads)
2. http://www.aboverubies.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=1&Itemid=2 (encouragement for women)
2. http://www.wegivebooks.org/ (free books)
1. http://www.currclick.com/index.php (free downloads)
Online Learning Games:
2. http://www.zoodles.com/free-online-kids-games/ (zoodles)
3. http://www.earthskids.com/ek_kids.aspx (earth kids)
4. http://www.pitara.com/ Pitara: Children, their parents & teachers find a lot to explore: activities, stories, poems, folktales, games, science stories, educational reference and much more for kids. Pitara literally means - a chest full of surprises.
1. http://liveonlinemath.com/classes/ (live math classes 2 wk free trial))
1. http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/%28Gh%29/home.rxml (Collection of multimedia instructional modules in meteorology and remote sensing, plus curriculum projects and classroom activities)
1. http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/experiments/icecubemagic.html (science Kids)
2. Fungi – fun facts and experiments
3. http://www.hometrainingtools.com/physics-workshop-kit/p/KT-PHYSKIT/ (science kits)
4. http://preschoolmama.com/index.php/2008/03/ (for preschool kids)
1. National Biological Information Infrastructure: learn about nature through games, puzzles, stories…
Nature/National Geographic Education:
2. National Biological Information Infrastructure: learn about nature through games, puzzles, stories… http://kids.nbii.gov/
1. Collections of arts and crafts ideas
2. Nature crafts: projects using natural materials such as plants, herbs, rocks, twigs, mosses, vines, flowers, potpourri, feathers, pine cones, gourds and seashells.
1. Plan a unit study about wild animals. See Let's Go on an Animal Safari!
All about Animals:
1. http://www.batworld.org/teachers-page/ (bats)