What I Love Most About Drake-September


Favorite Quote: " I cant do anything right. I am stupid and ugly." Just about broke my heart to hear you say this and think this about yourself. You are bright, loved, and capable. You learn at a different rate, but that does not mean you are stupid. You are fabulous in art, music, and geography. You just learn slower in writing,reading and math. In time it will all come together. You feel you are ugly because you loss so many front teeth at one time that you talk funny and the kids are making fun of you at school :( Once we pointed out all the other kids and the teeth they lost you felt better about going through the same thing.

What has impressed me most about you this month: Your dedication to learn things you are struggling with. You are trying so hard at baseball and school both. I am very proud of you and all your hard work to make yourself a better person. You practice your reading with my most nights. You study your flash cards and you practice your writing. When you are not doing that you are out wanting to play baseball.

Favorite Photo: To some

Scripture Verse: Psalm 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

You are created in the image of God, and God doesn't make junk! Like a snowflake, every person is unique. No two are the same. God sees you as a masterpiece; and when you look in the mirror, He wants you to "know that full well."

Where I hope to see you grow:  In independence. You still rely on my alot to help get you dressed and help you organize you room and toys. I have to hover over you to get you to do your housework and pick up after yourself fully and not half way do something. I dont expect perfection from you, but right now you are not really trying just grumbling about having to do anything. Partly my fault I wanted to long to make you be responsible for your own things and now we are all paying the price for it.
 
Favorite thing we are doing this month:
1. Baseball lessons: You try so hard to hit the ball every-time you go up to bat, but simply cannot do it so i enrolled you in baseball lessons.You do lessons over at Fast Pitch for the month to teach you hitting techniques: how to stand, how to hold your bat, your swing, etc. We found out your issue was the position of your body. You like to point your toes out instead of keeping them straight and that made all the difference in your swing. You still dont make contact often, but when you do you are great. 
2.  Family Fall Festival- It was raining, cold and yukky outside but you had a blast playing games and getting to eat that you simply did not care. You kept us out there for over 2 hours before you were finally cold enough you wanted to leave. 
3. Family-We got to have lots of really great family time this month. We watch movies, played board games, hung out outside, went to the park and just cuddled up watching tv and reading books together.

Comments