Day 5: What I am Grateful For...

Gods forgiveness when I sin

I remember the time when I though I did not need God, His grace, mercy, salvation offered or anything else for that matter. It seems like it was so long ago, but actually it has only been 8 years. I think back on all the sinful things I have done, said, felt over the years and I am blown away that He would forgive me, much less have a deep desire to forgive me when I feel so unworthy of an ounce of that forgiveness.  The debts of my sin make me realize how desperate I was all those years for a loving and caring Father who accepted me and yearned for my love. My whole life He has been there patiently waiting for me, waiting for the time when He knew my heart would be softened and open to receive Him into my life. He covered all my sins with His blood and continues to do so even today. I wish I did not sin. I try hard not to sin, but I am eternally thankful that when I do I have a Father who is willing to forgive me time and again.

Comments