What I Love Most About Drake-November


Favorite Quote: "If you date someone else, does that mean he will be my new daddy?" It broke my heart to hear you ask this and really want to know the answer. Even after I explained that no matter what your daddy is your only daddy and will always love you, you still think you are getting a new daddy. I think I confuse you when I tell you you have a heavenly father/daddy and a earthly one here that takes care of you too. Hopefully in time, you will realize that your daddy always loves you and will always be your daddy no matter what happens.

What has impressed me most about you this month: You ability to go with the flow. You are such an easy kid sometimes, beneath all that emotional turmoil, it really impresses me some days.

Favorite Photo:




Scripture Verse: Romans 5:3-6

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
Where I hope to see you grow: In your ability to keep still and obey. You are really struggling with doing things you are told the 1st time. It normally goes 3-4 and then a whoopin or time out to get your attention. I hate raising my voice to get you to listen and having to spank you so you will do what you are told to, but sadly that is the season we seem to be in. It is not better at your school either, your teacher has the same problems with you touching everyone and not staying in your seat doing your school work. Every day its a new bad mark with the same result, a punishment and tears from us both. It has reached the point I am having you tested for ADHD and I really despise medicating as a solution, so we will see.
 
Favorite thing we are doing this month:
1.  Birthday Parties-This month was filled with birthday parties. I think i took you to 4 of them. It was insane- from  trampolines, to Main Event for bowling and games to gymnastics we both got our fill of parties for a while. All in all though I adore that you are making friends and building relationships with kids your age.
2.  Baseball- You finished the season and overall your team did not too bad. you came in 7 out of 12 but not bad for your first season of coach pitch. You have come a long way in your baseball skills. You are getting even better at catching, learning to hit-it's all in your stance- and if hey keep you in an active field spot you do great with attention. Plus you had your end of year party with your tam up at JumpStreet and had a blast playing with your friends for 2 hours.
3.Reading/Math- You are doing so great with your reading and counting. You practice most nights reading books to me or showing me how high you can count. I see your little face light up when you manage to read a whole book to me all on your own without asking me what a word says. Even though you are not "on target" for first grade, you are doing wonderful and you try very hard. They pay off is coming slowly, but its coming. You can count up to almost 100 and write to 40 with a little help. Your skills are gradually improving and I am proud to watch you grow and learn.

Comments