Trim Healthy Mama Diet: The 2-Week “Deep” Weight Loss Cycle

So, I will be starting  on the THM eating plan this Thursday. I am really sick of the way I look and more the way I feel in my own skin.I need to make changes. I’m still reading and  learning as I go on this Trim Healthy Mama diet. I have been skipping around in the book and just realized I don’t have to stay on the “Deep E” or “Deep S” foods after those initial 2 weeks of detoxification, cleansing, and getting my body and mind accustomed to this new way of eating. So luckily i wont have to avoid avocado's for too long :)

Once I am  done with the “Deeps” I can move on to regular “S” and “E” meals, which include a wider variety of foods!

I’ll write more about regular or normal “S” and “E” foods in upcoming blogs, but for today I’d like to recap the three types of foods in the THM diet and the 2-week “Deep” weight loss cycle.

The 3 types of meals in the Trim Healthy Mama diet are:
  • “S” (or “Deep S”) stands for “satisfying” foods. These meals are high in healthy fats, moderate in proteins, and very low in carbohydrates, except for non-starchy vegetables.
  • “E” (or “Deep E”) stands for “energizing” foods. (The authors also call these “Refuel” foods.) “E” foods are high in protein, moderate in carbohydrates, and low in fat.
  • “Fuel Pull” foods force your body to pull fuel from stored fat. “Fuel Pull” or “FP” meals are high in protein, low in fat, and low in carbohydrates.
The initial 2-week THM “Deep” weight loss cycle is as follows:
Day 1:  Deep S
Day 2:  Deep S
Day 3:  Deep S
Day 4:  Fuel Pull
Day 5:  Fuel Pull
Day 6:  Deep E
Day  7: Deep E
Repeat for days 8-14.

After those first fourteen days, you can start cycling “E,” “S” and “Fuel Pull” meals any way you’d like in the same day. Some days you may want to eat all “S” foods, all “E” foods, or all “FP” foods. That’s okay too.
The only cautions (that I understand so far) are these:
  1. If you want to switch types of meals, say an “E” to an “S” or an “E” to an “FP,” then you need to leave 2-1/2 to 3 hours between meals so the foods don’t negatively affect your metabolism, insulin, weight loss goals, etc.
  2. Some days you might want to eat only one type of food, like all “S” meals. Serene and Pearl do not recommend that you do this for more than three days in a row, because you would not have a balanced diet. For example, if you eat “FP” meals for days on end, you will not get a healthy balance of fats or carbs in your diet. If you eat only “S” meals for weeks, you will get too many fats in your diet. Listen to your body and switch up your meals for a healthy, balanced approach to your weight loss.
Here’s an example of a single day’s carefully timed “S,” “E” and “Fuel Pull” meal cycling plan:
6:30 AM   “Deep E” Breakfast
9:30 AM   “Deep S” Snack
11:30 AM “Deep S” Lunch
2:30 PM    “Fuel Pull” Snack
5:30 PM    “Deep S” Dinner
6:30 PM    “Deep S” Dessert

Comments