Trim Healthy Mama Food Journal

 Each week, I plan share my food journal while I am following the Trim Healthy Mama book to help encourage others and hold myself accountable.This will be my first week to start on Thursday. Wish me luck!

S means Satisfying...fat is in the meal, but low-carbs.
E means Energizing....carbs in the meal, but low-fat.
FP means Fuel Pull....low on both carbs and fats. 


Thursday

FP breakfast....egg whites with a little turkey sausage, some veggies, and a Light Laughing Cow cheese.  My coffee had Stevia, caramel extract, vanilla, almond milk, and pumpkin pie spice.

E lunch....1 low-carb tortilla with some Ranch style beans and a little bit of peaches.

FP snack....some turkey pepperoni with Light Laughing Cow Cheese plus a few pretzel sticks.   I had coffee with Stevia, cocoa, caramel extract, and almond milk.

S supper....cheeseburger with extra pickle and extra lettuce plus other veggies and mayo.; no bun.  I also had a few pork rinds.  I had coffee with Stevia, cocoa, caramel extract, and almond milk.

FP snack....1 Wasa Light Rye cracker with Light Laughing Cow cheese.

Friday

FP breakfast....coffee with Stevia, almond milk, caramel extract, and cocoa. I had coffee twice.   I had egg whites with a veggie sausage patty, too.

FP lunch....a low-carb tortilla with egg whites, a bit of fat-free cheddar, 4 little turkey pepperonis, and some veggies.

Please note that you do NOT want to eat a lot of FP's on this plan as a meal unless you are really trying to get your weight to moving.  I hit a stand-still again this week, so I am eating this way today.  It is not something that is good for you to do on a regular basis.  Your body does need those healthy fats and carbs.  FP's for snacks are encouraged, though.

S meal/snack?....This was around the time I might normally have a snack.  Since I was hungry, though, I decided to eat.  I made some burgers with cheddar cheese and ate with no bun, a little greens, and some pickles.  I didn't eat as much as I would for a meal, though, so maybe this was a snack. I had more coffee with Stevia, almond milk, cocoa, and caramel extract.  I do salt my coffee to knock off the bitterness also.

S supper....I had 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter on a low-carb tortilla plus a side of green beans.

Saturday

E breakfast....2 slices of Sara Lee 45 Cal. Multi-grain bread with a slice of American cheese (low-fat) and just 1/8 teaspoon of butter, grilled up.  You have to count those fats in there, so watch the butter and cheese.  I had part of an apple with this.  I had two cups of coffee.  My current favorite concoction is 1/8 teaspoon of Stevia, 1 teaspoon of cocoa, a couple dashes of salt, a dash of caramel extract, and a good splash of almond milk.  Yummy!

FP lunch....1/2 a Joseph's Lavash Bread spread with a Light Laughing Cow cheese with two slices of fat-free turkey lunchmeat, heated, plus some green beans.  Just count your fats/carbs if you want this in FP territory so you don't go over.  

FP snack....9 pork rinds.

S supper....eggs with turkey pepperoni and sausage, a Light Laughing Cow cheese (two; yum), and veggies plus 1/4 a Joseph's Lavash bread with ome peanut butter. 

S snack....peanut butter on a spoon plus some turkey lunchmeat.

Sunday

FP breakfast....egg whites with 1 turkey sausage link, veggies, and a Light Laughing Cow cheese wedge.  Coffee had almond milk, Stevia, cocoa, salt, and caramel extract.  

S lunch....a chicken thigh baked in butter with a side of green beans.  I was still hungry, so I also had 1/4 of a Joseph's Lavash Bread with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.  I also had coffee made just like this morning.

It might be worth noting that I am really struggling with hunger lately.  I haven't previously had much issue with it.  I'm trying to figure out what is causing that.  It may possibly be from adding so many FP meals to my routine. 

FP snack/mini meal?....I was hungry!  I went ahead and made a pizza from 1/2 a Joseph's Lavash Bread, a bit of sauce, fat-free cheddar, greens, and turkey pepperoni.  After counting all of the carbs and fat, it did seem to fall right into FP category.   I also had more coffee, made the same as I had been making it all day.

I didn't even have supper.  My littlest girl made something special as a dessert, and I indulged.  When your five year old makes something, you eat it.  Back on plan tomorrow.

Monday

I think that all of my FP meals are back-firing.  They worked for a bit to really get that fat moving, but I think they are putting my body into starvation mode.  That isn't good.  That makes you hungry, makes you have cravings, and will cause you to actually gain weight.  So, today, I am going to eat all E meals.  Tomorrow, I will eat either eat all E or maybe an S or two.  We'll see if that helps to get my body feeling better.

E breakfast....egg whites with veggies, 1 slice of zero fat, healthy bread with Polaner's All Fruit jam, and part of an apple.  I had two cups of coffee with Stevia, caramel extract, salt, almond milk, and cocoa.

I felt much better after having a good breakfast instead of an FP breakfast like I've been doing so often lately!

E lunch....1 can of Progresso Light Soup with some fat-free cheddar plus a Wasa Light Rye cracker with some Light Laughing Cow cheese.  I also had a couple pieces of lunchmeat with this. 

E snack....1/2 cup of pinto beans with fat-free cheddar, 9 pork rinds (makes 5 grams of fat), and 1/2 a cup of mixed fruit.  I am determined to stop being hungry and give myself the energy that I need.   I had an afternoon coffee like my morning one.

E supper....1.5 cups of pinto beans with some fat-free cheese.  So filling!

Tuesday

I decided to go with S style today.

S breakfast....eggs with turkey sausage and veggies plus two cups of coffee made the same as usual.

S lunch....double cheeseburger, no bun, with mayo. and lots of lettuce and tomato.

S snack....my normal coffee plus about 1/4 of a Joseph's Lavash Bread with just 1/8 cup of beans and some cheddar and then also some turkey pepperoni on the side.

S supper....eggs with vegggies, turkey pepperoni with cheese, and 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich

Wednesday

E breakfast....egg whites with Light Laughing Cow cheese, 1 cup Progresso Light Soup, 1 slice of my bread with some all-fruit jam, and part of an apple.  I had my normal coffee.

E lunch....tacos without the cheese, with lettuce.  Since these were take-out, they were probably a crossover. 

E snack....1 cup of Progresso Light soup plus a Wasa Light Rye cracker with Light Laughing Cow cheese and my coffee.

E supper....taco salad with ground turkey, homemade seasonings, fat-free cheddar, lettuce, salsa, and crumbled up Wasa Light Rye crackers (2).  

Comments