What I Love About Drizzle March 2014

Favorite Quote: " I already knew. God tells me everything you do. He knows I am a good listener and He is a good listener." I am not even sure what I was talking about when you said this,but it took everything inside both me and your sister not to laugh hysterically when you said it. My eyes had tears dripping down them from containment. You were VERY serious and matter of fact about the statement. All I could think to say in reply what "Yes, He is a very good listener and so are you."

&

"You don't know me always" This comes from me saying "because I know you little man." When you ask how I knew things or what you were about to do or did. You were very upset when you said this because you had gotten into trouble for trying to sneak money from our Christmas jar so you could spend it at daycare. 

Scripture:

Philippians 4:12-15

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.

Where I hope to see you grow: 

What has impressed me most this month:This month you met with our children's pastor Mr.Steve about your desire to be baptized in front of the church. As badly as you wanted it,we both felt you were not quit ready yet. You have alot of important scripture wove into your heart and you understand some of what baptism means, but not well enough that I thought it was a good idea to go forward. You still did not know what sin really is and how it effects your life. You can recite scripture such as John 3:16 but cannot really explain what it means, who it affects, etc. Since you have kept expressing an interest though Mr. Steve is going to continue to work with you over the next 6-9 months and then we will see where you are. I cannot be more proud of you through for the desire to be baptized and knowing that your heart belongs to God.

Favorite things we did:
1. Soccer-You decided this month to skip baseball and instead play soccer for the Dragons. You are so good. You run incredibly fast, have decent ball control, are not afraid to be aggressive and snag the ball back and you are a great team player. You show wonderful enthusiasm for the sport. I really think you like soccer better than baseball;, which says alot. You won your first 2 games (3-1 & 7-2)
2. Camping- You got to go with us on our first AHG camping trip and we surrounded by 12 girls for the weekend. You had a blast though. You played capture the flag, kick the can, telephone and alot of other "girl"games that the scouts do not play. You loved how much you got to eat and all the snacks, but I think the best thing to you was that you got to stay up as late as all the girls did.
3. Movie Night- Your sister hosted a movie night for her AHG troop which meant you got to come along as well. We watched Black Beauty and you adored it. We sat in a friends back yard that had a projection screen the literal size of his backyard and you were amazed. He even let you help attach all the parts and set the screen and movie up. You helped sister pass our popcorn and drinks to everyone that came and cuddled with me in our outdoor chair. Even though it was in the 30's and started sprinkling we had a wonderful time.
4. Sick Days- This was not a good month for you for sick days. You were incredibly sick the day you met with Mr.Steve for your baptism and threw up all over the church.  We did not know you were sick though until then. You told me your tummy hurt,but you felt fine, although you had just thrown up at school. At first I thought you got ahold of something bad at lunch since you had no fever and were so excited about your meeting,but no more than 10 minutes into your conversation you started looking pale, and started to get real still and I knew what was coming. You took off as fast as you could but never made it to the bathroom. It took you an hour to stop throwing up long enough for us to leave and me to get you home. Sadly I love your sick days. You always want to cuddle and watch movies with me and sleep while I love on you. It also makes me realize how little and fragile you still are and how much you depend upon me.

Comments