What I Love About Drake-September 2014

I adore this little daily ritual or habit we have... Every morning you get up with me and wait for me to get ready for work so you can walk me out to my car and give me hugs and kisses goodbye. You always want me to say the same thing to you : I love you Drake, I will miss you and will be praying for you today while you are at school. Then you tell me the same thing (except work) give me another hug and kiss, close my door and wave goodbye to me.


Scripture Verse... 1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. We have spent alot of time talking about evil in the world and how Satan attacks us. This is one of my favorite versus to point you back to when you start to get scared.



Favorite Photo... (to come)

Favorite Things We Did... 

One of your most irresistible physical features is...
The little freckle you have behind your left ear. You get so jealous that I always mess with your sisters belly freckle that I had to find one on you that I mess with so you felt just as loved. Plus, you still love for me to mess with your duck tail and rub on it as you fall asleep. Somethings never change. :)

I missed you when.... you go to different Friday night activities. I never know what to do with myself when you are gone. I am so use to you always being here that when I have Drake free time I feel lost. Empty nest syndrome is going to git me hard :(



5 Words/Phrases that come to mind when I think about you: prayerful, gracious, humility, loveable, outdoors. You are my playful little man. Always want to be wrestling,, playing some sport, game, or anything else that involves movement, but never alone. You hate to be alone. You always want me or your sister with you doing something with you, no matter what it is.  You also will admit when you are wrong, say you are sorry and hug it out. You want to make others feel good about themselves and are always willing to share and give your things to others that have less than you do. You are quick to forgive and eager to show love instead. You remind me to pray when I forget and to do our nightly bible study. You keep the Lord close to your heart and I adore that about you!


Some of our favorite songs we both love... nothing new this month really that we both like. We still like One Direction and watching the videos and you are getting into 5 Seconds of Summer alot as well.

Special Occasions... Teaching you who you are in Christ through prayer, discussions and books. I want you to know and understand how important it is to know who you are and where your rock and foundation lies. So we spend alot of time talking about these principals and understanding that you are not alone, that you have Christ with you and are valuable and unique to Him.


I am accepted…
John 1:12 I am God’s child. John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1 I have been justified. 1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God. 1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ’s body. Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ. Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

I am secure… Romans 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances. Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God. Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God. Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven. 2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant… John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life. John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. 1 Corinthians 3:16 I am God’s temple. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God. Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm. Ephesians 2:10 I am God’s workmanship. Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Comments