Vegetarian Thanksgiving & Thanksgiving recipe roundup
Vegan Meal Planning Made Easy
Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipes
Vegan Ice Cream
Below is today's meal along with recipes. Hope you enjoy!
- Add the water, milk, salt, oats, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick and raisins to the pressure cooker.
- Bring the cooker to high pressure over high heat, then lower the heat and cook under pressure for 3 minutes. The cooking time starts once the pressure is up. Then, remove it from the heat and allow the pressure to come down naturally. During this time, the oats will continue to cook.
- Then, carefully remove the lid and check to see if the oats are cooked enough. Mine were not at this point. If not, remove the pot from the heat, lock on the lid, and let them sit for another 10 minutes. They will continue cooking during this time.
- Remove the lid. Then remove the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick and set aside. Stir in the cinnamon, walnuts, and agave syrup to taste.
Salsa Verde Potato Salad
1kg chat potatoes
1 bunch parsley
1 tbsp capers
1 dill pickle, roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 shallots, chopped (scallions)
Recipe and photo credit to:
Very Vegan Chili
3 cans of beans OR about 6 cups of cooked beans, any variety
1 medium onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes OR about 3 tomatoes, diced
1 can diced green chili's OR your choice of fresh peppers, we like jalapenos
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup chili powder (add more to suit your taste, we use 1/2 cup)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Recipe and photo credit to:
1 cup pecans
1 cup almonds
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
3 cups raw cashew pieces, soaked overnight (or at least 3 hours)
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol free is preferred for raw desserts)
32 oz strawberries (reserve 9 for decorating), hulled and halved - about 4 cups
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked overnight
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (alcohol free is preferred for raw desserts)
1/4 cup raw coconut oil, melted
2 cups chopped strawberries
3 tablespoons agave syrup
- Lightly grease a 9 inch spring form pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- To prepare the crust, pulse nuts and salt in a food processor fit with a metal blade. When nuts are fine crumbs, add the dates and pulse until the dough holds together when squeezed between your fingers. Firmly press crust into the bottom of prepared cake pan. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling, pulse cashews in food processor until crumbly. Add agave, water, lime juice and vanilla and puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to make sure you get everything. Feed the strawberries through the top of the food processor and puree until incorporated. The filling should turn a pretty pink. With the processor running, add the melted coconut oil in a steady stream.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan. It will look like a smoothie and you'll think no way it will set, but it will! Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set. Make sure it's level so that your cake doesn't come out wonky. Let set for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the frosting in basically the same way as the cake. Pulse the cashews in the food processor until crumbly. Add the water, agave and vanilla and blend until smooth. With the food processor running, stream the coconut oil in through the top until combined. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Prepare the sauce when you're close to serving. Just mash the strawberries up with the agave until it's all red and syrupy.
- To assemble
- Release the cake from its springform prison. Use a mini scoop to place 8 mounds of icing around the perimeter of the cake and one in the center. Slice the tops off the reserved strawberries and gently smush them upside down into the frosting mounds. If you don't have a mini scoop, just use a spoon and make them as pretty as you can, they're gonna get smushed anyway.
- To serve, place some Strawberry Coulis on the plate and serve the cake over it. Dig in!